The Centre for Research Capability and Development offers continuing professional development and consultancy on a broad range of developmental areas for researchers. The team can deliver one-off workshops, discrete programmes of work, or consultancy to support you developing your own offer at team, centre, and institutional levels.
All our developmental initiatives are designed to deliver the highest quality training and development and are aligned to the principles articulated in UK Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers and European Union Charter and Code for Researchers.
Programmes of work can be adapted to suit an audience of doctoral students, early-career, mid-career, and senior researchers. Groups can be either interdisciplinary in nature or consist of researchers working broadly in cognate disciplines.
The Centre has particular expertise in:
- responsible research and innovation, encompassing research ethics and integrity
- communication and presentation skills
- equality and diversity in research
- practice-based research and support for practitioner-researchers
- doctoral supervision
- professional doctorates
- structures to support doctoral education
- research funding and policy
- institutional capability development
We have a strong track record of working with national and international partners and have delivered research capability development programmes in Europe, South America and Asia.
Get in contact with us if you would like to discuss any development, training or consultancy needs or requirement.
Our team include:
- Dr Heather Sears, Assistant professor in Research Capability and Development
- Dr Magdalena Jara, Lecturer in Research Capability and Development
- Dr Tanvir Ahmed, Lecturer in Research Capability and Development
- Ms. Jennifer McNally, Assistant lecturer in Research Capability and Development
If you would like to discuss a bespoke developmental initiative or intervention, please also get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org