Coventry University’s Annual Doctoral Capability and Development (DCAD21) Conference Online
23rd – 25th March 2021
Thank you to all those who presented, chaired and attended a session at this year’s DCAD conference. If you would like to share your experience and opinions about the event, please see the DCAD21 Evaluation Survey
All postgraduate researchers and staff are invited to join the Doctoral Capability and Development Conference and learn about the exciting research taking place across the University.
Completely online format
Due to ongoing uncertainty generated by Covid-19, the likely restrictions on international travel and the desire to enable as many PGRs as possible to present and attend means that we will concentrate our efforts on planning the best digital experience we can offer.
Why Participate in DCAD21?
- Presentation experience and feedback
- Communicating research to a wider audience beyond the immediate discipline
- Conversations, networking and broadened perspective
- Insights into how research is conducted across different disciplines
Follow the #CovUniDCAD Twitter Moments
You said…we did
In response to the participant feedback from DCAD 2021….
- …..Presentation sessions will continue to be organised around the Coventry University research themes to promote interdisciplinary understanding and community building. This year we are introducing a new COVID-19 stream to showcase projects that deliver research-led solutions to the challenges posed by COVID-19
- ….You liked the accessibility of the online format. For the 2021 event, we will develop the online format so that it maximises your digital experience
The DCAD conference is being convened by the Doctoral College & Centre for Research Capability and Development. The Doctoral College & Centre for Research Capability Development was established in April 2017. The college and centre provide high quality professional support for researchers, from PhD to Professor, including delivery of doctoral programmes, professional training and development support for researchers. The Doctoral College is responsible for the recruitment of, and support to, all enrolled Postgraduate Researchers and for supporting our team of research supervisors. The Centre for Research Capability Development leads on evidence-based training and development initiatives for all researchers.